Michelle is LegalZoom‘s official blogger and former Guide to Law School for About.com, a New York Times Company. She has also written feature articles and/or blog posts for the following publications and websites:
- Ambassdor Magazine (National Italian-American Foundation)
- Italy Magazine
- The Glass Hammer
- easyJet Inflight Magazine
- The Legal Intelligencer
- Create Magazine
- Transitions Abroad
- International Living
- Women’s Independent Press
- BootsnAll Travel Network
- Italian Notebook
Michelle’s photography has also been featured on the following sites:
A selection of published work:
- Can You Be Sued for Sending an Email?
- Tweet-tastic! Government Owns Billions of Twitter Updates
- Google Execs Sentenced to Jail?
- Google Street View Not Spy Cam, Court Rules
- Campaign Finance Ruling: Wall St. is Main St.?
- What FTC Endorsement Guidelines Mean for Bloggers
- Facebook and Free Speech
- Can Amazon Legally Delete Books from Your Kindle?
- Is Google a Monopoly?
- Free Speech Primer
- Is Jailbreaking a Smart Phone Legal?
- Paternity Leave: Options for Dads-to-Be
- Are Copyrights in Fashion?
- The State of Fair Use in the Art World
- Registering Green Trademarks
- The State of the “Fair Use” Defense in the Art World
- SCANDAL! Trademark Rejection for Disparaging, Immoral, or Scandalous Matter
- Blogging and Intellectual Property Law
- Can You Trademark “You’re Fired!” and Other Sayings?
- Top 10 Wackiest Patents
Wills, Living Trusts & Estate Planning
- The Perils of Poison Pill Clauses
- Living Trusts 101: Funding and Managing a Living Trust
- 2011 Estate Tax Update – Including How AB Trusts Are Affected
- Top 10 Considerations When Naming a Guardian in Your Will
- 5 Myths About Wills Debunked
- Top 5 Must Dos Before Writing a Living Trust
Business & Finance:
- 5 Things to Remember When Starting Your Business
- Simmons Survey: Businesswomen Take Risks Too
- 5 Reasons Consultants Should Consider Incorporating
- Do Small Businesses Need NDAs?
- 10 Ways to Avoid a Tax Audit
- Beyond the Lemonade Stand: How to Help Your Kids Start a Summer Business
- 6 Steps for Protecting Your Start-Up
- Why Do I Need a Registered Agent?
Education and Career:
- 5 Hot Careers in a Declining Job Market
- 5 Careers That Could Change the World
- Criminal Justice Careers: Reality vs. Myth
- Is an Online Degree a Smart Choice for Expats?
- Advance Your Career in a Bad Economy
- 6 Tips for Writing a Great Personal Statement
- Enhance Your Blogging Career with Online Education
- What Can Nursing Students Blog About?
Travel and Italy:
- Guarda column, Italy Magazine
- The Beaches of Calabria
- The Mountains of Calabria
- 5 Writers’ Homes for Literary Vacations
- 6 Romantic Getaways in the World
- 5 Christmas Traditions Around the World
- 5 Most Unique New Year’s Eve Drops
- My Cousin the Saint by Justin Catanoso
- The Jewel Trader of Pegu by Jeffrey Hantover
- Too Much Tuscan Wine by Dario Castagno
- The Law School Admission Game: Play Like an Expert by Ann K. Levine
- The Art of the Law School Transfer by Andrew Carrabis and Seth D. Haimovitch
Going Green and Saving Money:
- 21 Ways to Reuse Coffee Grounds
- Start a Garden, Support Local Farmers, and/or Join a Community Garden
- BYOB: Be Your Own Barista and Save Money on Coffee
- 7 Ways for College Students to Save Money Over the Summer
- Recycling Books and Other Green Book Tips
- Green Cell Phones and Cell Phone Recycling
- Summer Fun on a Budget
Lifestyle, Fashion, and Pop Culture: